While many of the legal restrictions imposed through the pandemic will be lifted, we are continuing to implement several safety measures so that we can provide a safe and enjoyable visit for everyone. We consider the measures that remain in place important in protecting both our visitors and team. We kindly ask that you continue to act responsibly and remain cautious.
- We will continue to control and limit daily visitor numbers, and arrival times will be staggered. Pre- booking is essential. Tickets are available here
- Facecoverings are no longer mandatory, however we encourage our visitors to use their discretion and continue to wear them in enclosed indoor settings if they are able to. Our team will continue to wear them in indoor areas and when working in close proximity of others.
- Our facilities will be maintained to the highest standards of cleanliness throughout your visit. Our dedicated ‘clean team’ will be following our enhanced cleaning schedules and focus on frequently touched surfaces.
- As before, multiple handwashing stations are positioned around the farm, in addition to several hand sanitiser points.
- We will continue to control visitor numbers in the soft play. You will be allocated a Play Barn session upon arrival. Session times are 45 minutes long. During the week in term time when visitor numbers are reduced, you may not be asked to book in a session time. We will continue to clean the play between each session and disinfect with medical grade viricidal disinfectant once a day.
- Daily activities on offer include Small Animal Encounter Sessions, Tractor and Trailer Rides and Pig Racing. We regret that Pony Rides will not be able to operate for the time being.
- Till points across the farm are only accepting card payments, except for in the Gift Shop. Our coin operated diggers and quad bikes accept £1 coins.
- Our full menu of drinks, snacks, cakes and homemade meals swill be available in both the Old Barn Tearooms Restaurant and Cow Shed Coffee Shop. Plenty of well-spaced seating is available in both areas inside and outside.
- In the event that a member of your group or household becomes unwell with symptoms of Covid-19 or they have been asked to self-isolate, we request that you DO NOT visit the farm. If you are unable to visit for this reason, then please contact us PRIOR to or ON your original intended date of visit to request to transfer your tickets to an alternative date. This will be subject to availability, but we will make reasonable efforts to do so. Tickets not redeemed on their booked date will automatically expire and will not qualify for a transfer request. To contact us please phone 01372 363764 or email email@example.com Our full Online Sales Terms and Conditions can be read here